If you have a home, you probably also have a junk drawer. This is where you dump all of the random things that don’t have a specific home. It’s normally a mess, and it’s frequently hard to find what you’re looking for. But do you believe that your junk drawer can be an essential part of your life? If you keep the helpful stuff in it, your junk drawer can help make your life easier. Every renter should keep ten essential things in their junk drawer!
- A pen and notepad. It appears like an obvious choice, but you’d be amazed how often you need a pen and paper. Whether you’re jotting down a phone number or leaving a note for your roommate, having a pen and paper is always helpful.
- A flashlight. A flashlight can be beneficial when the power goes out or when you’re looking for something in a dark room.
- Batteries. Batteries are needed for a variety of things, from your remote control to your smoke detector. Store a few extra batteries nearby, so you’re never caught without them.
- A screwdriver. A screwdriver is a versatile tool and can be utilized for everything from opening a can of paint to tightening a loose screw. Purchase one with several different heads in one handle to save space and maximize utility.
- Pliers. Pliers are another multipurpose tool that can be used for numerous tasks, from gripping something too little to hold onto with your fingers to bending wire.
- Tape. You never know when you’ll need tape, so it’s always ideal for keeping a few on hand. From packing up a box to repairing a ripped piece of clothing, tape is always valuable.
- Superglue. Superglue can be used to fix everything from a broken plate to a ripped book cover. Pick the little or single-use packages of super glue to prevent waste and keep your junk drawer organized.
- A tape measure. A tape measure is fundamental for any junk drawer. Whether you’re hanging pictures or measuring for new furniture, a tape measure will prove to be useful.
- Scissors. Scissors are typically handy, whether cutting paper or opening a package. Choose a small pair of scissors that can conveniently be stored in your junk drawer.
- Rubber bands. Rubber bands can be utilized for numerous tasks, from keeping cords orderly to bundling up newspapers. They’re also perfect for keeping your junk drawer organized!
Speaking of organization, don’t miss the most important thing your junk drawer needs – an organizer tray! While numerous junk drawers are messy, it doesn’t need to be that way. An organizer tray (or just a simple divided box) can assist with keeping your junk drawer organized and your essential items easy to find. If your junk drawer is already a problem, here are a couple of ways for organizing your junk drawer – and keeping it that way! – in only a couple of uncomplicated steps.
Since it has become so obvious what belongs in a junk drawer and how to organize it, you have everything you need from day to day right at your fingertips! But, if you find that your current Sandusky home is feeling a bit crowded or you are ready for a move, contact Real Property Management Clarity Team. We provide quality rental homes available in your area that are perfect for you and your ideal lifestyle.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.