With the cooler weather due to arrive soon, it’s time to perform some property maintenance to ensure your investment property is as prepared for the change in weather as you are. Your Metro Toledo Property Managers have a few tips to help you with this seasonal maintenance.
Seasonal Maintenance Tips from the Leading Metro Toledo Property Management Company
With summer coming to an end and the cooler weather approaching, we recommend some basic services to protect the home and prepare it for colder winter air:
- Avoid expensive repairs by having your heating and air conditioning systems inspected and serviced. Clean or replace filters, remove build up on fans, cover the outside A/C unit, bleed air from radiators, and check the basement humidity levels.
- Step outside for a breath of fresh air … and enjoy the fall landscaping. Fertilization, pruning, and any other lawn care services (such as sprinkler line maintenance) should be completed to keep up the curb appeal of your home.
- Clear rain gutters of any debris from leaves and needles, etc.
- Do you have a fireplace? Time for a chimney sweep! Get it in clean working order so tenants can be comfortable and your property is safe all season long.
Metro Toledo Property Managers Are Not Alone in Maintenance Responsibilities
As a property manager, you do have obligations to keep the property well-maintained, and your tenants do as well. Here are a few seasonal items they are responsible for:
- Take care of any safety hazards. Any items that pose an accident hazard such as bulky carpets or loose hand railings should be fixed.
- Check electrical sockets in use to ensure they are not warm to the touch.
- Inspect fire extinguishers to confirm they are properly charged.
- Check any alarms throughout the home and install fresh batteries.
- Review household safety and emergency plans, locate gas and water shut off valves.
- Clean/replace filters and vents as needed and vacuum under all appliances.
- Change furnace filters on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all doors and windows shut tightly.
- Clean all drains and traps to ensure proper drainage.
- Tidy up outside by storing hoses and similar items.
As a Toledo area property management company, the Real Property Management Clarity Team works with tenants to get your investment property ready for any season. It is our priority to help you keep your home and tenants protected by performing seasonal maintenance duties. If you are not up to performing maintenance on your own, contact the leading Metro Toledo property managers to assist you!